Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:31 PM   #1
Default Bloody Lurkers

I noticed this morning there were 74 members looking at the Panasonic Leica section, yet new threads are only submitted by a few, are these people scared to post, don't know how, or are they just lurkers?? Perhaps they don't even own a camera, who knows. It is just possible that one of them might go to the trouble of letting us know why they do not post. Here's waiting in great anticipation for a response.
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2012, 5:18 PM   #2

One reason that comes to mind is, how many times have you seen a new member (on any internet forum) post a question just to be told RTFM, use the search function or Google is your friend. I don't see how answers like that gives a warm and friendly feel to any forum. Just my thoughts on why some people don't post. Though I'm with you in that it would be great if all the lurkers would jump in and join the learning fun here at Steve's.
Comments always welcome.

Last edited by Calicajun; Dec 18, 2012 at 7:26 AM.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:51 PM   #3

Could it be that many of them ARE using the search function to find answers to their questions? Possibly they are browsing the forums, looking at photos to learn from.
I know I did a lot of lurking before joining, partly because many of the questions I had were being asked and answered already, and I was still deciding on whether to get a digital camera or not.
I haven't seem many rude replies on these forums (at least the ones I frequent), and most of us know that a question may be basic but still deserves an answer.
I also invite anyone who is hesitant, to register and participate.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote