Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 18, 2002, 4:04 PM   #1
Default Sony DSC-P2 or Canon 330?

I was at one stage considering the Nikon Coolpix 775, but decided against it as there were long delays in usage when using a 128MB CF (users opinons). I intend to use 128MB in memory. As the Sony model is still quite new, there are few user reviews and so I can't find out if there are any similar problems. Professional reviews generally just use the supplied memory, and so if they say the camera has reasonable speed (as with Nikon 775 reviews), often it might not be. Does anybody have any idea how the P2 would perform with this stick - would it be much slower than the speeds at 16MB, or is this problem strictly Nikon related?

At the moment, I am deciding between the Canon 330 and the Sony DSC-P2. Can anybody give me an opinion? I intend to use the camera to take photographs of close friends, and to take on holiday. I am an amateur when it comes to digital cameras, but understand all the terms and hope to learn more to improve my shots. The only major difference I can see when doing a side-by-side specs. comparison at dpreview.com is that the Sony allows for unlimited (so to speak) video usage. The other differences I didn't understand, but there were only a few.

Thanks to all.

Samantha **

[Edited on 18-8-2002 by Little_Samantha]
Little_Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links