Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:21 AM   #1
Default Kodak dx 4530: Unappreciated. And some pictures...

Hi everyone,

As someone totally new to photography, I think I couldn't have chosen better than the 4530. Although it only has limited manual controls, it had enough to give me the "bug"! Now that I'm ready to go on to a camera with more manual control, I'm just so worried I won't find another one with this quality of pictures! Take a look at

Of course, I'd appreciate any comments!
Shraga18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2004, 9:14 PM   #2

The pictures were beautiful. Either you or the camera did a fine job. Speaking of more manual control, I just purchased the DX6490. I had originally looked at the same camera you are using but was looking for something with a little bit more. So far I am thoroughly satisfied. This too is my first digital. I love the zoom, as well as the larger viewfinder. The auto mode seems to work pretty good on most occasions. Exception seems to be in a low light sitiuation such as a gym. I am experimenting with the manual modes trying to find a better solution to shooting sports with low light and no flash. Most the pictures are coming out ok but have had to sacrifice some quality (ISO 400). Pictures are not quite as vibrant but I'm learning as I go. Never had anything but a point and shoot so this is a fairly new experience. Good luck. ken
tuckr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2004, 9:19 PM   #3

well it is fun to play with manual modes
but it is tough to take action shots (basketball for instance) without a flash.....especially if the lighting is very low......(slow shutter causes blur...)

btw beautiful pictures!
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2004, 9:23 PM   #4

those were pretty nice shots that u did. was thinking of getting the DX4530 also but im still happy wid my Minolta F100 and it has full automatic and manual controls and its my 2nd digicam only. i remember what Bill mentioned on his other thread. "keep shooting on that same wall in ur room until u get a good picture of it"......
kronuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 10:32 AM   #5

Hi, Could you tell me how do you to to takethese greatpictures in the nigth. I have a dx 4530, but all the pictures I have taken at nigth are very dark and is difficult to view the subject . I use the nigth mode of the camera, but it's seem not to help very much.
boggard is offline   Reply With Quote