Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 14, 2004, 11:44 PM   #1
Default Purchasing advice

Has anybody bought from databazor.com before? If so, tell me your opionion. :?:
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2004, 12:23 AM   #2

I think you might mean databazaar.com. There are no listings at all for databazor. http://www.resellerratings.com/seller4417.html

There is a scam where a seller sets up shop and takes orders at lowball prices. They credit your card and then just sit on it. It is a way of kiting loans and doesn’t seem to be illegal for them to hold the funds for 60 days pending shipment – which they never intend doing. Sometimes they get a few good ratings by shipping some stuff and then revert to the scam. I won’t buy from someone who doesn’t have a fairly large number of consumer ratings in Reseller Ratings, Shopping,com or NexTag.com. I got caught up in one of those by ordering lowball from someone with just a few good ratings. By the time everyone started not getting their stuff and complaining in the ratings it was too late. Visa credited my account and I didn’t lose anything, but it was a nuisance.

Usually the really bad scammers are in the NY city area – particularly Brooklyn. Probably a good place to buy but I would be cautious with that low number of ratings. I think Florida does police their sellers a little better than NY. NY doesn’t seem to care what they do as long as they are shipping out of state.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote