Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 22, 2013, 7:19 PM   #1
Default Need a bag.. Please advise

Have a T3I and unjust got a new lens which is a tamron 70-300. I can no longer use my old holster bag with this lens attached. I want a bag that I can keep the lens attached and put it in the bag. If I can keep the hood in the business direction that is even better. What are my options? All my other lenses work with my other bag. So this bag would be when I go shooting wildlife. I would prefer to keep the lens and hood on facing out.
Heinrich Hausler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2013, 8:08 AM   #2

Lens is 9 3/4 inch with hood.
Heinrich Hausler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:56 AM   #3

Keeping the lens hood mounted poses the issue

I can keep my lens hood mounted on on my 300 f/2.8 and my 70-200 in my LowePro trecker Classic backpack However it is a big backpack, and it is no longer in production. It is also very heavy when loaded up.

Lately I mostly use a LowePro Flipside 400 and I can place a body with a 70-200 L in it with the lens hood mounted, but doing that takes up space I'd normally have some filters and a teleconverter in.

Best suggestion I can think of is to take your camera to a camera shop and see if you can find a shoulder bag or backpack that will fit you kit set-up the way you want it to.
At least that way you know for sure things will work they way you hope they will.

Imaging is all about light and your ability to sculpt it.
Equipment is just a secondary nuisance.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 8:23 AM   #4

I second that, I nearly bought a bag via the web that measured perfectly for my camera and lens with hood attached. Fortunately I happened have to go nearby the seller and was able try my gear in it.I found that it would just about fit with a hard shove but was too tight for my liking ,so I'm still looking. I don't want to be depressing but I have been looking for a bag that would do what you want for years now,they all seem to be much too large or too small. I'm lucky that I already have a bag that I can just about live with .
D5100 +18-200mVR Nikkor lens.
SB400 Flash, ML-L3 Remote.
SB 700 Flash
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod/monopod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote