Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:32 AM   #1
Default Exif & "Camera Program"

I have Irfanview but it doesn't show which camera program was used instead just saying "normal program" regardless. Is there another Exif program that indicates which camera program was used for the image?
Sony a6000 w/24mm 1.8, Canon 7D ll w/400mm 5.6, Canon 7D w/100mm macro, Canon 580 EX ll and 600-Rt Flash, Panasonic Lumix LF1
Pitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:25 AM   #2

Jeffrey's Exif viewer will often show software history for a given image (converted from raw using CS6, saved to .tiff from CS6, etc.); sometimes with a *lot* of detail about the settings used for the image edits (saturation, contrast, sharpening settings, highlight recovery settings, etc.)

Of course, the software used for image editing would need to update information in the photo's metadata so that you could see it (and some image editors may not update anything so that Exif Viewers can tell what software was being used, and how that software was being used with it's settings, etc.). Here's a link to it:

It's an online program. More about it here:

I have it on my Firefox bookmarks toolbar, so I can click on a button for Exif and have Jeffrey's Exif Viewer show me detailed info for the photo I'm currently viewing in Firefox.

But you can also upload a local image to it by using a browse button and selecting a photo from your hard drive.

It uses a library from Phil Harvey's ExifTool on it's back end (and ExifTool from Phil Harvey is probably the very best overall tool available for displaying more metadata information from an image, with very good interpretation of most camera manufacturers' proprietary maker notes information and tags). More about that tool here:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:04 AM   #3

Sony PlayMemories Home app (available for Mac and Windows). It also works with pictures taken from non-Sony camera.
AntBlog701 (blog) | SillyDog701 (website)
antony is offline   Reply With Quote