Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 24, 2002, 6:37 AM   #1
Default Need advice on Digital Cameras for under 100 ($150)

I want to buy a new digital camera for less than 100 for web work. I've seen cameras which would suit me, one is a new model the Konica KD 100 which is 1.3mp and has 1.5" LCD, the lens is 43MM. I have seen this advertised for 88 on the internet but its 100 in jessops and argos etc.

The other one is the better known Fujifilm FinePix 1300 which is now discontinued, however I can buy it for 80.

Is the Konica the better buy out of the two, or is the Fuji better? Basically which is the better camera?
amazingtrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2002, 7:41 AM   #2

In this price range, the biggest problem you may encounter is color balance. These cameras are very poor at imaging when there are two distinctly different light levels in the frame. You can correct and enhance with software, of course.

Steve's review of the Fuji 1300 (elsewhere on this site under 1Megapixel cameras) states that the Fuji does have pretty good color balance. He rounds out his conclusion as follows:

"If you're looking for a good starter digital camera or a stocking stuffer for a budding digi-photographer this is a good choice that won't break the bank."

The Konica isn't reviewed, so can't help you much there!

This is a great time to be buying an entry level camera which should give you everything you need.
reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2002, 3:03 PM   #3
Default Ordered the new cam

Ive gone ahead and bough the fuji
amazingtrade is offline   Reply With Quote