Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:34 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1
Default What Camera is good for a beginner aspiring photographer?

Can anyone please suggest what camera is good for an aspiring photographer like me?
Zyreenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:59 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
TCav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Washington, DC, Metro Area, Maryland
Posts: 13,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyreenjen View Post
Can anyone please suggest what camera is good for an aspiring photographer like me?
I'd say that you'd need a camera that provides as much control as possible, so that you have something that you can grow into.

There are entry level dSLRs that could serve you well, but inexpensive lenses will hold you back.

What's your budget?
__________________
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:20 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Default

Firstly, maybe you should write in "what camera I should buy" thread) Secondly, I'm not sure I know exactly what camera do you need, but I saw plenty of such information on FixThePhoto.com, they post occaisonally some tips for beginners, it may help
Hannah Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:40 AM   #4
JR1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Devon UK
Posts: 90
Default

How can you expect anyone to answer

If you can not state how much you can afford, what you want it for etc, etc, etc

Suggest the vest car for me without knowing anything.

And perhaps a "Please" or a "thank you" in the question !!!!!

Perhaps this may suit your needs

http://www.wexphotographic.com/hasse...waAqRgEALw_wcB
__________________
Nikon D4s, 810, 7100, 7000, 14-24, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400 "Nano version", Nikkor 24-120 f4, SB910s (3), Pocket wizards Flex TT5, Lee filter system, Siggy 15mm, Siggy 150-500, 150-600

https://www.facebook.com/JRSPhotography.co.uk
JR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:37 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 23
Default

There are so many things which are required to know before any suggestion is made as part of the camera which includes budget, purpose, what are you going to photography and much more.

This will help to provide better and perfect suggestions without unusual discussions.
Maitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:49 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Hawgwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 3,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1 View Post
How can you expect anyone to answer

If you can not state how much you can afford, what you want it for etc, etc, etc

Suggest the vest car for me without knowing anything.

And perhaps a "Please" or a "thank you" in the question !!!!!

Perhaps this may suit your needs

http://www.wexphotographic.com/hasse...waAqRgEALw_wcB
JR1, I will say this and then I am done for good with you. We have a saying in the southern United States. "Every body likes ass, but nobody likes a smart ass". Sorry, maybe you belong at DP Review or somewhere else where members try to out-arrogant each other. We try to keep it friendly here. Try it, you might like it.
__________________
Always use tasteful words - you may have to eat them.
You cannot find knowledge by rearranging your ignorance.

My Flickr
-Robert-


Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:03 AM   #7
JR1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Devon UK
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
JR1, I will say this and then I am done for good with you. We have a saying in the southern United States. "Every body likes ass, but nobody likes a smart ass". Sorry, maybe you belong at DP Review or somewhere else where members try to out-arrogant each other. We try to keep it friendly here. Try it, you might like it.
Here in the UK we have a saying also

Good manners cost nothing
__________________
Nikon D4s, 810, 7100, 7000, 14-24, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400 "Nano version", Nikkor 24-120 f4, SB910s (3), Pocket wizards Flex TT5, Lee filter system, Siggy 15mm, Siggy 150-500, 150-600

https://www.facebook.com/JRSPhotography.co.uk
JR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:41 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1 View Post
Here in the UK we have a saying also

Good manners cost nothing
Then, perhaps you should take a little of your own advice.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:17 AM   #9
JR1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Devon UK
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Then, perhaps you should take a little of your own advice.
I always say Please or thank you, shame most Americans have not heard of the words
__________________
Nikon D4s, 810, 7100, 7000, 14-24, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400 "Nano version", Nikkor 24-120 f4, SB910s (3), Pocket wizards Flex TT5, Lee filter system, Siggy 15mm, Siggy 150-500, 150-600

https://www.facebook.com/JRSPhotography.co.uk
JR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:31 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1 View Post
I always say Please or thank you, shame most Americans have not heard of the words
Then, perhaps you should find a new place to spew your pompous, snobbish, know-it-all attitude. This place is LOADED with Yanks and their boorish manners. Or, as my dad used to say, "Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you."
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:01 PM.