Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 21, 2004, 5:19 PM   #1
Default Any compact point + shoot digitals w 28mm equivalent??

I have finally figured it out. I will never have the best of both worlds. I want to bring my f717 (soon to be upgraded) with me everywhere but it is just too big, as would be any other camera of similar performance.

So I decided that I'm going to get a small point and shoot digital like my first digi-cam that I can carry with me in my pocket for taking pictures with friends and stuff.

I don't really care about zoom or MP but I want 28mm equivalent focal length in a compact design. So far I have only seen the compact cameras with EFL down to 35mm.

If anyone is aware of some diamond in the rough with the 28mm EFL please post. Or if anyone knows of any future releases of cameras with these specs. Thanks.
brisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2004, 5:24 PM   #2

the closest to a point and shoot i can think of would be the Nikon coolpix 5400
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2004, 6:04 PM   #3

Ya I have seen that but I that is bigger and more high end than I am looking at. I want something small and thin to keep in my pocket. Something like the small canon powershot series:

brisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2004, 6:32 PM   #4
Default Minolta has one..

They just announced it. Some GWXX series. The model is copact and very rugged specially designed for building construction industry. It is just announced (1 week or so.

Another one is from Ricoh, model Capilo RX 3 MP x3.5 (28-100) announced on 6 Mar.

Apart from this only options left are Coolpix 5400 and Oly 5060Widezoom (both won't fit your size requirement)

You can consider A70+wide angale attachment. I heard that it works well. (Or you choose A60+wide angle attachment, total $300 solution, if it works!)

Hope this helps

suhasgokhale is offline   Reply With Quote