Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 25, 2004, 3:07 AM   #1
Default Sony F-828 and 2004 new features?

in first place, sorry for my poor english,i will try be the more clear posible

I am looking to replace my Sony cybershot P9 with a new model (always sony) ,i was really dissapointed when Sony release the p92 in 2003, because i bought my p9 at end of the 2002 and after few months, when the p92 was released , i found my camera obsolete.
after all i was my fault, now i want avoid these situation again, them i asking for suggestions in this board.

I am not a real pro photographer, but I do enjoy spending quite some time with the cam shooting pics in zoo's, family mettings,etc.

other of my activities is the architecture, im a architect ,so i spend alot of time taking architecture photographs.

The things i really need in a camera are:
-a good zoom, large zoom
-good quality image
-good quality video (you know, for zoo´s videos,racing,family videos,etc some architectural videos too)

taking all these point i think in a Sony F-828 , i think can be a good camera for me.
but maybe a bit advanced too,i don´t know.

One thing i really hate of the p9 is the automatic balance of light and exposure, the photos most of the times has bad light,exposure.
But today i read about the new 2004 P-series features

and they promise better automatic balance of light and exposure and alot of other things,

basically i want shoot good quality pics without spend much time configuring the camera settings,
anyways if i buy a f828 i can learn to use in a adeccuate way more professional, no problem.

im a bit confuse about all this,
any help will be appreciate.

possible options:

p series camera
other..... but always sony

pd: most of the times, i will shoot 1600x1200 photos, also night shoots are important to me, i heard about f828 noise problems , maybe i have to consider the f717 instead the f828 ?
is better when you use high iso values? or similar? i heard the f828 at high iso values is similar to a 5mp camera.
javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links