Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 25, 2004, 1:35 PM   #11

I say charge his credit card and send him a brick. If you actually receive the monies, then consider sending him the real thing.
PKchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 3:19 PM   #12

Originally Posted by PKchopper
I say charge his credit card and send him a brick. If you actually receive the monies, then consider sending him the real thing.
I wouldn't - because a month later - whomever REALLY owns the credit card will then find out and contest the charge and have it reversed.
cczych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 5:34 PM   #13

BTW, I just got an e-mail from an attorney in Nigeria.
Seems a relative of mine just passed away and has
an estate of $3.5 Million dollars. I just have to provide
my bank account number and they will transfer it to
me. Ain't that great! LOL!

JamesDFarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 6:13 PM   #14

sorry to hear about your loss James.
PKchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2004, 7:17 AM   #15

I get at least one of these a week lol

Mr. Kenneth Tyler
Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
99 Queen Street, Melbourne
VIC 3000,Australia.
Date:26th March 2004.

Dear friend,

This is a proposal in context but actually an appeal soliciting for your unreserved assistance in consummating an urgent transaction requiring maximum confidence. Though this approach appears desperate, I can assure you that whatever questions you would need to ask or any other thing you will need to know regarding this proposal will be adequately answered to give you a clearer understanding of it, so as to arrive at a successful conclusion.

My name is Mr. Kenneth Tyler, Head of Securities, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Melbourne. On February 17, 2002, a foreign consultant/contractor with the Asea Brown and Boveri Ltd, Mr. Enrique Salcedo, made a numbered time (fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar months, valued at US$20,000,000.00, (Twenty Million United States Dollars) in my branch. Upon maturity, I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a month, I sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers, Asea Brown and Boveri (the energy giant), that Mr. Salcedo died from an automobile accident.

On further investigation, I found out that he died without making a WILL, and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless. I therefore made further investigation and discovered that Mr. Salcedo did not declare any next of kin or relations in all his official documents,including his Bank Deposit paperwork in our Bank. Due to the funds being temporarily unclaimable, the funds have being moved out of our bank ( as sundry funds )to an offshore Deposit Company in the European Union.

>From past experiences, I know that no one will ever come forward to
claim the deceased funds. According to Australian Law, at the expiration of 5 (five) years, the funds will be Unclaimable and revert to the ownership of the Australia Government if nobody applies to claim the fund.

In order to avert this negative development, I in conjunction with a colleague (the Chief Operating Officer in the bank) now seek your permission to allow my attorney do a CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP/REASSIGNMENT OF CREDIT of stated funds from the "deceased" to your name, so that the funds (US$20million) would be released to you as the new owner (on behalf of me and my colleague).
We are writing you because, as public servants, we cannot operate a foreign account or have an account that is more than AUS$160,000:00. Consequently, you will be presented as the owner of the funds in the Deposit Company so you can be able to claim them, after all necessary paperwork has being effected.
For us to commence, I will like you to provide the following information

1. Full names
2. Contact address
3. Telephone and fax numbers

Once I receive these information, I will prepare the necessary documents which will put you in place as the new owner of the funds. The money will then be released to your custody by the Deposit Company, for us to share in the ratio of 70% for us and 30% for you.
There is no risk at all as all the paperwork for this transaction will be done by the solicitor and this will guarantees the successful execution of this transaction.
If you are interested, please reply via my email address. Upon your response, I shall then provide you with more details, and further explanation that will help you understand the transaction.

No doubt this proposal will make you apprehensive, please we imploy you to observe utmost confidentiality and rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because we shall require your assistance to invest our share in your country (Real estate and any other ideas you may have), this is why your urgent action and response is of great essence which will enable us conclude this transaction in a timely and professional manner.

I await your swift response hoping you accept my proposal, as time is of equal essence in this project as well as is confidentiality. Your response should be to my private email address: tylerken22@netscape.net

Thank you and have a nice day.

Respectfully yours,

Mr. Kenneth Tyler.
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2004, 8:23 AM   #16

Wow thats good stuff. I havent gotten anything that involved in a while!
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2004, 12:01 PM   #17

I like the idea of sending him a brick.

My late brother used to take the Pepaid Responce mailers from junk mail and paste them on bricks. You would be suprised how much junk he stopped getting.

LewTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2004, 12:22 PM   #18

JamesDFarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2004, 2:31 PM   #19
Default no.no.no.

It hurts to see such things. Not many might take this serious. But I do, now that I have lost USD 1150. Remember that in India, USD 1150 is about a years pay.

This s**t comes from Nigeria. If you watched BBC's Click Online two weeks before, they mention that Nigerians always cheat using stolen credit cards. Their grandfather died, dog died, left a fortune and what not.

My troubles started when I sent 3 air tickets by PTA (electronic form). They paid by a stolen credit card. Thanks to the SO*'s at CitiBank, I did not know it was a scam. They took the flight and then a notice came that the Credit card was stolen. The actual owner (from USA who is a part of this scam) of the credit card called for a charge back.

I lost more than USD 1000, they got 3 free tickets, and the S*B's at CitiBank got their 7% service charge.

Please for Gods sake, delete such emails. If you fall into this trap, the credit card company wont support you. The crook who wants to buy your camera will stop replying to your emails once he gets the camera in hand and his friend who is the original owner of the credit card will call for a chargeback.

You can do one thing, agree to his demand, ask for his credit card details and give it to the CIA or FBI as the original owner is also involved in scamming you. Also if you have a web tracker you can verify my claims.

Make a website, keep a tracker like (nedstat, hitcounter which shows country visit) in the page. Tell him that the he should visit that page to see more information on the camera. Once he visits the page, you can see that this is from Nigeria. (Oh my God, look at his english).

But if I am to blame anyone it would be CitiBank who never mentioned a word that such scams exist.

One more thing. In the BBC's Click online show, they clearly said that many people went to Nigeria to check on what happened and they got beat up.
varun_me is offline   Reply With Quote