Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 29, 2002, 4:32 PM   #1
Default Olympus E100-rs

I've been using this camera for its 15fps capabilities. I was disappointed to hear Olympus discontinued this camera. Does anyone know if there will be a replacement for this model. Or is there a comparable camera out there capable of atleast 10fps with high resolutions outputs.
36wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2002, 5:39 AM   #2

Neither Olympus has announced a replacement, nor have i come across a Prosumer digicam with >=10fps
ajitkataria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2002, 9:19 PM   #3

The closest thing to the E100-RS is the Fuji S602Z. It's a 3 megapixel super CCD images which will interpolate to 6 megapixel if you use the feature.

It has a "post capture" 5 image buffer in some ways similar to the E100-RS's 5 frame precapture. It works like this, you turn on the function and hold the shutter down and the camera cycles 5 frames in and out of the buffer. When you release the shutter it saves the last five frames. With the E100-RS, you hold the shutter half way down and it cycles 5 frames until you press the shutter all the way down and it saves the last five frames (or whatever you have the pre-capture set to) and begins to take images a the speed you have chosen from 3 to 15 frames per second.

The Fuji also has a 640x480 movie mode, but unlike the E100-RS which will only run 15 seconds worth at 640x480 - the Fuji, with a 1 gigabyte micro-drive, will shoot until the microdrive is full. But because it doesn't have an image stabilization like the E100-RS, you must either use a tripod or a beanbag support or the results will not be good.

It's an excellent overall camera (I have both the E100-RS and the S602Z) and has some nice features. It's the closest thing to the E100-RS in a consumer/prosumer grade camera.

Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote