Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 10, 2004, 7:31 AM   #1
Default Digital Print Services

Hello to all - forgive me if my search attempts failed to discover this topic already posted here somewhere. I just purchased my first serious digital camera Konica DImage A2 and have been trying out Ofoto print service. Although I like the results so far I have one minor complaint. They print "Printed by Ofoto" on the back of each photo. For those of us that are doing this professionally it is not always advantagous to reveal our source of materials. This can lead to customers questioning the price you may charge for your portraits. Maybe I am overly concerned about this but I was wondering if anybody knows of a similiar service that does NOT imprint the back of every photo? If you have other comments such as to the validity of my concerns I would appreciate those as well. I am trying to set up a studio to shoot professionally and questions like these are spinning around in my head.

Thanks for your time
asusee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2004, 10:00 AM   #2

Look into Shutterfly. If I remember correctly, they do not have that kind of a markee on the back of their prints. They also have a professional service where you get storage space (determined by the amount you pay). Your customers can order prints of what they want directly from them based on your pricing. Shutterfly subtracts out "your cost" and sends you the difference once a month if it is over a certain dollar amount. If your "commision" is not over that dollar amount, then it is carried over into the next month.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote