Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 10, 2004, 11:36 PM   #1
Default Olympus 3040 problem part 2

the tripod mount is stripped and they told me in Olympus parts and Olympus customer service "it will just fall out" and sent me a new one. The problem is that it only "falls out" if you remove the body as it is mounted above a plate that is part of the body and not removable. Olympus sent me the part...right now the old tripod mount is loose, just floating behind the plate on the bottom of the camera as I already removed the screws....but to put the new part in I have to remove the body and I'm not sure how

So I wrote to Olympus and got company dogma about the dangers of opening a camera. I wrote back saying I will take responsibility. NO RESPONSE...I have tried opening it by removing the visble screws (including ones in the battery compartment and behind one of the side doors but it seems to be hung up at the top of the camera....do I take off the power/dial? unscrew the diopter screw? what am I doing wrong?

I am on a very limited income so I'm trying to do this myself and would appreciate any help....thanks

oh...one other thing if anyone has any thoughts on this...I have noticed a very very very small green dot with a streak recently...is this a stuck pixel or dirt on the chip...when I open it for the above can I clean the chip? how is this done? (the problem happens in all photos no matter what arp. or speed, manual or program)

New Port Richey, Florida
gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links