Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 17, 2004, 11:36 AM   #1
Default awesome photo album freeware: Fotana

I would like to bring your attention to some photo album freeware that I came across at www.fotana.com which absolutely astounded me with its capabilities.

It is incredibly compact (code without embedded album is < 250K) and incredibly fast.... runs well even on my 266 Mhz Pentium II laptop.

Fotana allows you to import photos into an album and display them in any manner and orientation. You can have multiple photos on a page, each one scaled up or down to any size, each one cropped, and each one positioned in any orientation on the page. Brightness, contrast, and saturation can be adjusted individually for each photo. But best of all, these changes do not modify the original JPEG files at all and also does not create any new files either since it only affects the display of the original file. Despite this, the display of pages on this album and flipping through pages is incredibly fast.

These flexibly-created pages with multiple photos can be saved as one JPEG. Or the entire album can be saved as HTML. Likewise, albums can be easily burnt to CD containing all of these changes.

I've used a multitude of photo album software on both Windows-based and Macintosh-based computers, and have yet to find one that allows so much flexibility in placement of photos and works so blindingly fast.
Kay Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links