Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 24, 2004, 9:49 PM   #1
Default Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am stuck!

I am looking for a new camera that takes great macros , one that would fit in my pocket and it has to take great pictures.

I take alot of pictures of fine detail like the gears on the inside of a watch.

I am having trouble trying to deside I had it narrowed down to the Canon a60/a70 or nikon 2200/3200 But then someone had to mention the minolta/konica s400
I have a minolta s404 so i really do not need another 4 meg but if it is going to be the same price why not.

I did get to take a couple of shots with the Nikon 2100 and this dose some good macros as long as the flash is off I didn't get to use any of the canons but in the store and it seems to get pretty close. The minolta took good shots even with the flash on.

Any help would be great Oh yeah i am on a budget and 300 is the limit but i would like to keep it under this.

Please help thank you
bulldog8401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2004, 6:50 PM   #2

A60 or A70 and use extra flash small one.if outside WIND !!!!!! is your enemy not camera a60 Ok for pocket....barely

if you have a 404 why change..........my 35mm with ring flash...litghting is critical not the camera lense...most name brand cams are excellent for most of us.
Forreste1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 9:03 PM   #3

The Nikon 3200 will take a 1.21 X 0.91 image. The Canon A70 will do only 2.98 X 2.23 at its closest focus. It is a no-brainer to get the Nikon for taking pictures of watch gears.

The Pentax S4I is definitely pocketable and will do 1.66 x 1.24 inches
in super macro mode. Not as good as the Nikon but a lot better than the Canon.

I don't think any of them are ideal. You need something with a hot shoe or flash sync connection so you can use a ring light.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote