Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 29, 2004, 6:39 AM   #1
Default Concert photography

I'm very much into concert photography. Currently I still use and EOS3 and EOS33 (so no digital stuff yet), but I have to shoot some photos at a festival in two months time and that's why I'm now checking the possibilities of some digital cameras (Canon S1 IS and Olympus C5050 came to mind).

Having just bought a 70-200mm f2.8 IS lens, buying a 10D or something like that is not really in my budget, so I'm looking into the field of enthousiast/prosumer cameras that will still perform without using (too much) flash. For the normal concertphotos, I'll keep using my Canon gear, but they've also requested some photos of the people and the mood (don't really know the english word for it) of the festival. That's where a digital camera comes in.

I think that a less expensive camera (possibly even a 3mp camera) will probably suffice here, but I'm not really sure what cameras will do. Most reviews do show tests with low light, but never shots of concerts or crowd-shots in the dark.

Does anyone have any ideas of what cameras can do this, while keeping at least some quality in the shots of if there are any sites where they show these kind of photos?
kjguch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2004, 6:28 AM   #2

Hi, I have here 2 pics shot at moderate low light, with a D7i, hand held, no tripod or monopod, if this can help you decide:

KCan is offline   Reply With Quote