Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 10, 2004, 12:04 PM   #1

Hi All!

As a newbie, sorry if I'm in the wrong spot...

I have done some research, but find little information regarding MY most important criteria- an internal rechargeable battery and a cradle for the camera for charging and USB transfer.

So, here's what I need:

Cost: Of course, as low as possible! (def. under $350)
Resolution: doesn't matter - 2MP is fine as almost everything I shoot goes online - I'd rather pay less for fewer MP
Abilities: Point and shoot; I don't need manual ISO, etc. I'll be taking general shots for online auctions, as well as the occasional vacation picture; nothing fancy
Zoom: 3x Optical is fine

MUST HAVE: cradle for charging internal battery and for transfering photos to my G4/867.

I had a Nikon Coopix SQ - GREAT cradle/battery/connectivity, but it had (stolen!) a bad (IMHO) form factor (I like being able to use the camera one-handed, including zoom, and I never got the hang of it with the SQ) and no optical viewfinder.

Finally, I'd like the camera to be small enough to pocket easily. I looked at the Kodak 6230, but it seems bulky, and when you factor in the cost of the (not included) dock, it's expensive!

I have no problem buying reconditioned or used cameras - I expect thet best recommendation will be for a discontinued 2MP camera that used to be high end...

zembu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2004, 3:34 PM   #2

How about the Casio Exilim Z4 for $298 (<---click for direct link) from WalMart.com. It doesn't get any more pocketable then the Exilim, very nice cradle/charger and 4mp to boot. It does have a flash which is useable, butlike most pcoket cams it's weak andexpect to illuminate the world with it.

JinE is offline   Reply With Quote