Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 11, 2004, 8:27 PM   #1

I'm posting this in the printer section also, but felt I may get more views here since there's no general printing forum.

I just received my Canon i9900, I printed some web pages for a trade show and they look pretty good, as the reviews have said, they really do "pop" compared to my Epson Photo 1200. So far I'm using up my Epson paper and plan on expierimenting further when I get some Canon paper, the question is what paper?
The online manual lists 4 papers that seem very similar -
Glossy Photo Paper GP-401
Photo Paper Pro PR-101
Photo Paper Pro PC-101S
Photo Paper Plus Glossy PP-101
There seems to be a lot of similarities between all these, and to avoid blowing a lot of paper and ink (i.e. money) I'm trying to decide which paper to go with, where I can stick with one or two and work on perfecting my prints.

I plan on using the printer in two capacities:

1) Printing photos off my digital camera ( a Minolta Dimage 7i, soon to be a Nikon D70), mostly vacation, usually in the islands, outside in bright light, and then some boudoir, inside, probably in low light conditions.

2) Outputting proofs of jobs for clients, usually of web sites, brochures, logos. Printing from a variety of programs like Photoshop, GoLive (Adobe Web program), Illistrator.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who would like to chime in, I realize I would be using two different papers, the photos I want to look as good as possible, and I want them to last, I don't want to look back at my 6 year olds pictures when I'm a grand father and not be able to see them. The out puts for proofing need to look good, but here the design is more important than the actual quality or longevity of the print. I can't imagine there's a huge difference in money between the papers for the photos, so I'd like to use what ever is best, and save a little money on the paper for proofing. Any help would be appreciated.
Upalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links