Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 16, 2004, 10:11 AM   #1

Hi! I bought a Canon PowerShot S500 and have one more week to purchase Best Buy's Extended warrenty on the camera for $79.99 for 4 years. I am aware thatthe warrenty does not cover malfunctions due to dropping camera, sand, water, etc. I usuallyNEVER purchase these extended warrenties, but then again, I've never bought a digital camera before. Has anyone heard of major malfucntions with this camera? The camera cost me about $500, and the manufacturer's warrenty is for 1 year. Any sugguestions as to what you think I should do? What would you do? THANK YOU!!:bye:
zela is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2004, 5:59 PM   #2

Ritzcamera's warranty is supposedly more inclusive (including you dropping it etc), but I don't know how hard it is to make a claim.

Sorry, I didn't read your article right the first time. If the warranty makes it easier for to actually use your camera, then do it. Your $500 camera isn't of any use to you if you're afraid of damaging it. $80 for 4 years on a $500 product doesn't sound bad to me. It depends on what Best Buy's reputation on honoring their warranties is.

Effen is offline   Reply With Quote