Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 21, 2004, 5:07 PM   #1

I'm looking for a standalone jpg recorder with a composite "video in" (RCA or BNC connector is fine) that I can use with a standalone video camera. It needs to be able to record stills onto some kind of memory card (SD, xD, SmartMedia, CompactFlash, even a CD, etc.)

The camera is located 50' from where the recording device can safely be used with only a standard video cable running between them.

I can't use a computer with a capture card, it must be a small handheld size recorder.

Sort of imagine that you've separated the lens and CCD pickup from the back half of a digital still camera and have a video cable running between them. Make sense?

Any great ideas?

andycarleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2004, 9:17 PM   #2

Although not a "jpeg recorder", the closest thing you are going to get to that is a digital VCR (or a digital camcorder) with input capability and time lapse ability through the video input.

Stores use full size timelapse VCRs that do this, but there's probably a digital camcorder out there that does this too, and since it's digital you should be able to transmit each frame to a computer (later) via firewire.

I think that's the closest you're going to get to what you want.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote