Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 24, 2004, 4:54 PM   #1

Which should I buy?The OlympusCZ-750 or CZ-765? They are both about the same price. What are the benefits of both? The 650 is smaller, has a better CCD?, has no hot shoe (not a concern for me). We will pretty much just put it on program mode and snap pictures for the most part. I hope to use the other features sometimes.
Thumbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2004, 7:21 AM   #2

i think a few of the differences are:

movie mode; size and format

lcd size, 1.5 vs 1.8 ?

megapixel size (750 is 3.2, 765 is 4?)

battery; 750 uses AA's, 765 uses a proprietary battery.

if they have gone from AA's to something else the question is why? did the AA's run out too fast so that a longer lasting battery was needed? would be interesting to check battery life on both models...
richardeustace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2004, 8:40 AM   #3

See the answers in the Olympus forum.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2004, 5:33 PM   #4

I know the C-700 series well - I started with a C-700, sold it after a year, bought a C-730.* Just sold the C-730*today on ebay as I have ordered a C-765.* I am selling numerous matted & framed prints from my previous two cameras for really good money.* I mention this because I have a financial interst in making sure I get good results.* I went for the C-765 becasue Steve noted in his review the new processor greatly reduces the purple fringing, which has been prevelant in the past models.* This fringing on certain shots (backlighting, low light), in my opinion, has been the main negative of this series of camera's, although the fringing can be greatly reduced or even eliminated in photoshop.* The C-765 also is four megapixels; I have been getting really good Epson 2200 prints from the 3.2 Oly C-730.* My advice would be to buy the newer technology in the c-765.** Also, no question the new battery design in this model will be an improvement over the old Style AA batteries - I sometimes went thru 3 sets in an outing.*
fporch is offline   Reply With Quote