Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 3, 2004, 7:43 PM   #1

I'm closing in on the purchase of a D70. I've read how you can get an additional year of the manufacturer's warranty through your credit card company, but what do you have to do for that? Do you call the card issuer and ask for the additional year, or do you have to make the purchase first then contact the card issuer? A longer warranty, especially if free, sure sounds appealing. :-)
murphyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2004, 6:15 AM   #2

If it is a Visa card, here is a link that should answer any of your questions.

I recently used this benefit on a Canon G2 camera that was 1 1/2 years old and out of warranty. It started acting up with various unusual problems. This warranty reimbursed me the $180 that I paid to Canon for the repair.
Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 2:03 AM   #3

I used it once....had a AT&T cordless phone that failed after 14 months...had to "buy" another unit for $80 from "repair" as they didn't actually wantto fix MY unit or even have me send it it ...submitted the docs to Visa (not my bank but Visa itself)...got the $80 back! So I'm a believer in it! Andafter a few weeks, my OLD unit started working again, so now I have TWO phones...

Seems that as of March, they may have dropped feature from most personal CREDIT cards but have it on DEBIT cards now...depending on who issues your card! So check with you bank to make sure!
jhallgren is offline   Reply With Quote