Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 7, 2004, 4:59 PM   #1

fuji 7000 - Oly 5060 -Nikon 5700 - Sony v1 which one!!!

I am in the market for a prosummer camera and have narrored it down to the mentioned cameras.I have read reveiws from several websites on each of the cameras but the confusing thing is they often differ from the opinions expressed in the forums.eg the fuji 7000 gets a "recommended" while the Nikon 5700 receives a "Highly recommended" and yet in the forums the general concensus is that the fuji is generally a better buy and the owners seem happier with their purchase!

I am an inexperienced photographer but am keen to take up photography as a hobby!
Primarialy i am looking for a camera which has plenty of features that i can grow into while at the same time is an ideal "point and shoot camera"" for the rest of the family to use.

The camera will mainly be used to capture family activities and TO ENSURE some quality phots of our up coming holiday to the USA.

Ideally i wanted a 28- 200 mm lens but there isnt much around in this range - so a 35-150-200 may have to be a comprompromise.

Initially im not interested in modifying photos on the PC. I just want to get them developed straight from the camera!

Price wise -- IN NEW ZEALAND these cameras are within the same price range - (they vary from $950-1099)

I hope i have included enough of a profile to receive some
recommendations from the many experienced hands.

i await with interest your comments
Gazza -
gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2004, 8:18 AM   #2

Olympus 5060
atlantagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2004, 9:38 AM   #3

From what Ive read, they are all good cameras. I like Canons myself but Im not an owner of a G5 (ive got a G3 that I love). A friend has the olympus which produces great pics although no better than my fathers powershot A80, guess it could have something to do with the photographer.:-)I would go to where you intend to buy the camera and have a good look and play with them all, I did that when purchasing my camera. If the assistant at the shop does not like that, go elsewhere. Pick the camera you are most comfortable with and dont always listen to the speel that those guysin the shops spin you, often they are on commisions for selling particular models of cameras.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote