Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 8, 2004, 1:53 PM   #1

I-Photo has served me well using my old Fuji and it seems to work well with my new Nikon. Would there be any advantage to download Nikon's software to my computer or would it cause confusion--to me and the computer?
Ron Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2004, 7:38 PM   #2

I also have been using iPhoto and just got the Nikon 3700 yesterday and had trouble getting photos to the computer (made the mistake of reading the manual step by step and they tell you to turn the camera off but not to turn it back on after connecting). Thus I ended up installing the Nikon View software since I wrongly figured that was what was causing my problems.

I see no advantages with the Nikon View and plan on trying to remove it. That software does not let you organize the pictures nearly as well as iPhoto does. However I do know that many people on the forums don't like iPhoto and I don't see why (haven't searched to see their reasons for disliking it yet). I, however, have not had any conflict problems with having both software on the computer.

Have you tried saving any .mov movie clips? What software did you use? I started a thread trying to find out what is the best software to use for that.

Beverly W.
Beverly W is offline   Reply With Quote