Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 13, 2004, 4:35 PM   #1

I'm the "proud" owner of a Olympus 5050z digital, and it is an ok camera as such.
My problem is that it has a view finder instead of "looking through the lens" which I need quite often.
I often use the Cokin filter series, and it is hard, not to say impossible, to get an idea of what the effect will be of the various filters when you can't see through the lens. I realize that I could use the LED on the back of the camera, and I have done that, but it's not very good when you are taking pictures in bright sunlight.
So I have decided to buy a new (other) camera, but I am a little confused as to what to buy.
Can anyone recommend a camera? Not too expensive (of course) and around 5.0 Mp.

Ros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2004, 5:37 PM   #2

If you really want to look through the lens, you need a single lens reflex camera (SLR). If you want a digital camera which lets you see through the lens, you'll need a DSLR camera. The lowest cost model, the CanonDigital Rebel, costs about $900 with a lens. Prices go up from there and most don't include a lens. These are in the 6-8 megapixel range (and up) and produce superb, low noise photos.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote