Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 15, 2004, 8:34 PM   #1

Hello All,

I recently came back from vacation and recorded DV video on my Canon camera (ZR60). Throughout the trip I only hit record and pause and never used transitions like fading, (truth is I never figured out that function yet). The problem is that I recorded a image for about 6 seconds and then stopped recording, then I restarted the recording once I started sightseing that day. When you look at the recording you see the first image for its 6 seconds and then the screen goes blue for about 15 seconds, and then the previous image shows up and then slowly starts to dissolve on the screen leaving about four lines across the screen showing the previous image, while the new material I shot is playing in the background and you can only see it through the lines on the screen. After about a minute of tape goes by with this problem, it disappears and you can see the recorded video with no problems.

I am trying to find out if this is permanent or if there is something that I can do. I have heard of software that cleans video, but I don't know if that would apply in this case, and if it does where to even begin.

Desperately looking for some help this is special video that was taken and I would hate to have this blemish on it. PLEASE HELP!!!
flyers148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2004, 2:15 AM   #2

It's off topic for this forum, but there's many programs out there for editing video. The problem is, getting the video into the computer, and getting a high enough quality.

Personally though, it would be far easier to transfer the good section of video onto VHS and have that as a separate tape. It's too much effort to get all the computer hardware and software needed to edit only one video (unless it was a multi-thousand dollar project).

If it's really valuable, maybe you can find someone who edits videos professionally.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2004, 4:35 AM   #3

I don't know if this will be any help but try the link below. :-)

jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote