Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 17, 2004, 2:40 AM   #1

Hope someone here can help me deceide.
I've read alot of good about the nikon aspecially about the movie mode which is verry important for me (I know it is not the same as a camcorder but goor enough for me) and its compact size What I didn't like about it is that theres no manual control and picture quality indoor is not great and the small zoom.

Now I ve read about the new pentax optio mx which is going to come out in the near future. It has mpeg 4 video so I can fot more on a sd card, there is the poss of zooming while videoing and it has a 10 x zoom and it is very compact.

What do you think. Is it worth waiting or is the picture quality not going to be so good?

Anyone heard something when it is going to be released? Will there be any testphotos online soon?

I would like a camera as soon as poss but if it is worth waiting I'll just do that.

And I'll have someone of my fam going to the states in august so they could buy it for me IF it is out by then

Thank you very much!

ed33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2004, 12:50 AM   #2

Hi Ed

The Pentax is out and for sale allready at Costco, at least the one in Temecula, CA

Strangely it does ot appear on thier website, but I saw it and touched it in the store today, looks actually very nice. I am thinking of returning the Panasonic d-snap that I bought for the same price! $399, also the pentax is on sale with 128mb sd card

If I do decide to get it I will post some picture and let you know what I think.

bartholomewp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2004, 2:04 AM   #3

Looking forward!

ed33 is offline   Reply With Quote