Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 15, 2002, 8:31 AM   #1
Default wanting to buy sony or olympus help

I am currently looking to buy either the Sony mvc-cd400 or the Olympus c4040 would like input as to which is a better buy
the Sony just seems large for what I want but like the features can someone help me in making a decision
terrien4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2002, 5:23 PM   #2
Default Which camera

I have the Olympus C4040 and am very please with it. I have not seen the Sony mvc-cd400 but Steve gives it high marks.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2002, 11:02 PM   #3

If the question really is which is the better buy, then the C4040 undoubtably is the best buy of all. But if you like the features of the SOny, and you want to use CD storage straight out of the camera, then obviously you should get the Sony.
Skiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2002, 11:50 PM   #4

The C-4040 is the best buy here. Although the Sony takes equally excellent pictures and has CD storage etc.. it lacks a Viewfinder, which would suck a bit on battery life. The attachment viewfinder kinda sucks from just looking aft it, as it takes away from the ergonomics of the camera (Sony's camera), and can you imagine lugging it around in your camera back. Also this attachment is merely a mirror system.

However if you look at the Sony there really isn't place for a viewfinder anywhere, so don't blame them. Probably you might also want to expand your search to include the Sony F-707 (or F-717).

CD storage on this camera.. makes no sense to me. CDs - 156MB maximum, you've got to burn them over to CDRs or CDRWs eventually. Even if you use the 3" CDRW then what makes it different from a 128MB flash memory card? These mini CDs cost a whole lot more than 800MB CDRs, and the capacity is not a whole lot more than the average 128MB flash memory (and you've got 256MB etc).
kuemauve is offline   Reply With Quote