Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 26, 2004, 12:40 PM   #1

I'm about ready to buy a Sony f828 and have found three merchants that have almost unbelievably low prices. So low that I'm suspicious. Does anyone have any experience dealing with Radioactive.com, Royal.com or Next-nl.com? Their quotes for this camera are$535, $559, and $559.As the old saying goes, "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably isn't." What gives?
mread is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 26, 2004, 1:15 PM   #2

Checkout online dealers at:

But I would have to say that I'd stay away from anyone selling the F828 for that low of a price -- there has to be a catch -- or a scam.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2004, 7:31 PM   #3

Do yourself a favor and order from BH Photo or Adorama. You know you'll get a new camera, with all that is included in the kit, in the time frame that they say they'll give it to you. You won't have to keep calling them or sending them messages asking for your camera which they said they shipped seven weeks ago.

Vance Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 2:48 PM   #4

I prefer the following on line resellers

www.jr.com J&R music

I have done business with all three sellers.

gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 7:57 PM   #5

It is funny that you mention Radio Active (Deals).I was recently investigating their low prices, so I searched for them on google. According to 100+ reviews on epinions.com, they are a complete "bait and switch" operation. The only good reviews were ones that were obvious fakes by the company. They can have the lowest prices on all cameras, because they never sell just the camera. If you don't buy tons of overpriced and unnecessary accessories, the camera goes into backorder.

Go here for more info: http://www.epinions.com/pr-Online_St...o_Active_Deals
jschaefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 8:30 PM   #6

Thanks for your helping me to avoid a disaster. I, too, ran a search on all three firms and they all are apparently scam artiists.As they say, "You get what you pay for!"

mread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 8:47 AM   #7

I have been using E-Bay,
You realy have to check the feedback and see how long the seller Has been on E-Bay. Read the discription of just what is being sold. If they don't use Pay-Pal I don't even bother reading the ad because if they can't sign up for pay-pal I just don't trust them. I don't think none of the long time 100% good feedback E-Bay sellers are the cheapest pricing on E-Bay but they do not play games and are very good and fast at sending out what You order. Just do your research and pay just a little more because nobody gives You something for nothing and if it is to cheap to be true just don't do it.
I purchased My 8700 for $784.00 plus $25.00 Federal Express shipping from "newitemsonly.com" and it was a perfect transaction. I also purchased a sandisk Ultra II 512mb compact flash card off of an auction for $107.00 which included shipping off of a 100% good feedback seller with no problems.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote