Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 13, 2004, 4:32 PM   #1

I'm an architect and Iwant to buy a compact camera with good image quality. I had a Fuji, and an Olympus 3030z, and now I want to go to 5Megapixel. I'm not so interested in things like the size of the display or number of automatic modes, but more in the real quality of the sensors, and other parameters that interfere in the image quality.

Thus, i would like to get some opinions about the Sony W1, the Sony V1 and the Canon S60.

What interests me in Canon is the wide lens that I can reach in the sony cams with an extra lens. But in terms of image quality, does the Carl Zeiss Lens means significant improvement?

I would thank for all that could help me with your value opinions!

jpsousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 13, 2004, 8:44 PM   #2

I can only speak for the W-1 as I know nothing about the other cameras you mentioned. I have owned and also still have a number of cameras , film and digital, with Carl Ziess lenses and all have been excellent. All else being equal in the features you might like, this could tip the balance.

The W-1's large LCD that is usable in sun light, the focus assist to copy detail and also drawings, the e-mail settings and smart zoom, the small W/A and telephoto lenses and filters (20% discount from Sony) make this a really capable package that is easy to carry. And if you really want to impress people with your photographic skill take a small light weight monopod with a ball head with you.

normc is offline   Reply With Quote