Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 17, 2004, 2:13 AM   #11

Thanks! I just added 2 more poems actually just like 2 minutes ago on my site so if you want you can check them out! That would be awflly nice of you to do!

And for everyone else my site link is www.freewebs.com/smeeten

discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 8:37 AM   #12

To Me I get great JOY when people are satisfied and very happy when I do a photograph of their PET and they pay Me without complaining that I charge to much.:|
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 8:57 AM   #13

Oh no! Reading the responses to this thread, I've come to the realisation that I am through and through geek...

Emotions don't do it for me - I hardly capture an image for its emotive value (but perhaps I should), what brings joy for me is a series of fast continuous action shots that are each perfectly exposed, in focus and with creamy beautifully blurred background bokeh, each telling its story yet contribute equally in an "animated series" when viewed in quick succession.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 9:15 AM   #14

getting that shot you never imagined getting, getting a shot for someone of their child that shows them the way they really are instead of the kind of shot a studio gets. Being asked to do some photos for someone because they really like your photos. Getting new cameras and the thrill of trying to master them. Lots of things i guess and I think for me its an addiction, I dont smoke or drink so I guess being a shutter bug is my addiction.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 9:18 AM   #15

Living here on Whidbey Island in Puget Sound (a very photogenic place), I love to make landscape note cards and give them away to friends. I've been urged to sell some of my photos and cards, but it just wouldn't be as much fun if I did.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 12:26 PM   #16

I get the most satisfaction when I get students who come into my class and have no interest in photography, and then gradually, they start to enjoy it and see it for what it really is, an outlet for communication and creativity.

Chako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 12:52 PM   #17

Good question, indeed. Well ... lets see:

I like to "catch the moment". Unfortunately this is a very hard job because I also like to attend the event and as a photographer you are more on a passive side. What is it that reminds you later of that very precious moment? An overview of the whole scenery? A detail, closeup? A frozen movement of someone? Hard to tell... This is one reason why I bought a digicam: shoot more pics than I need in the end and select without beeing sad about the stuff I have to throw away.

Art. (no laughing please) What I mean with that is a picture that you like to look at because its beauty, because it looks good. No other reason - only the beauty of things, people, landcape and stuff.

New things. Sometimes I discover things on photographies that weren't there when I shot them. OK - they were there, but I didn't recognize it. You know - some details, another perspective, a facial expression frozen or the like...
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote