Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 19, 2004, 3:32 AM   #1

After reading alot of posts, it seems the cameras I was thinking of don't seem to be too good. Are there any good 4, hopefully 5 meg. compact cameras? I'd like to be able stick it in my pants pocket when I go motorcyle riding! Also one that takes descent pics indoors and video capable...........Asking alot huh!

jcdjcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2004, 7:39 AM   #2

I don't have any personal experience, but Steve liked the Sony T1 (http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/t1.html), and I can tell you, it's DAMN sexy.
ignavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 9:56 AM   #3

Be extremely careful about things like flash range, since you want a camera capable of good indoor pics. For example, the T1 mentioned above, is rated for aMAXIMUM flash range of 5 Feet -- and that's atFull Wide Angle (not using any zoom), and is also rated using Auto ISO to get thisvery limited range (cranking up the signal from the CCD in lower light). With such a tiny sensor, higher ISO speeds may also lead to objectional noise.

IMO, this would probably be one of the worst (if not the worst) cameras you couldchoose for indoor photos.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 2:38 PM   #4

You might want to look at the Canon S500. Good movies, adequate flash and CF card.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote