Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 23, 2004, 11:51 AM   #1

I thought I would tryout www.mpix.com just to see what came out. Wow! I am highly impressed. My prints look exactly like they did on screen and are printed on the professional Kodak Endura paper. And now since they have dropped the prices on their 4x6 to 29 cents from 49 cents, my i9100 printer may not be getting quite the workout it was getting; I will probably use it when I have less than 15 or 20 to print. And goodbye to Walgreen's, Wal-Mart, Ofoto, and Shutterfly!! Orders are printed within 24 hours and shipping is $4.95 flat per order via USPS or $9.75 flat per order via Airborne/DHL Next Afternoon service (US shipments). When you order through the site, it will automatically gray out the print sizes that they cannot make with that file. You can edit how the image is cropped, etc.

They also do magazine covers, buttons, and trading cards.

Come to find out that Mpix is a division of Miller's Lab, which is the same lab a lot of studios all over the U.S. (including the studios where I live) sends their film!!! And they are based in Pittsburgh, Kansas (of all places in southeast Kanas near the Missouri border; Pittsburgh is where they process all film and they process digital files in their Springfield, Missouri office) so I get my order in a day or two even when ordering my USPS!!! How great is that!!!

dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links