Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 1, 2004, 7:21 AM   #1

Hi, As most of you probably print your own photo's you may buy your ink in small bulk (cheaper?)I was just wondering what you feel is the bestplace/way to store your ink carts or does heat/cold not affect ink as it would say 35mm film.

As for ( oh!bugger i wish i hada camera with me:angry: )what camera do you use as a carry round all day one (you do carry one round just in case?)

(maybe should have placed2nd question in what camera forum).

but thought easier to answer both questions at one time.

russellsnr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2004, 7:46 PM   #2

I've been refilling my printers for almost 10 years now. I haven't made any special provisions for storage. Both my HP and Canon inks are currently in my garage as they have been for over a year. I buy pigmented black ink by the pint and it has never gone bad on me. I'm on my third pint, so they seem to be lasting about 3-4 years wherever I put them. I get the color ink in smaller quantities, but it lasts until it runs out – usually at least a year.

I've been carrying an Oly C50 for over 2 years now. I bought a Pentax S4 which is easier to carry and has somewhat replaced the C50 as my carry everywhere camera. There are cameras I would have bought instead of the C50 had they been available at the time. I think the S4i is the best tiny camera currently around. You do have to give up things like full manual control when you go really tiny.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 1:16 AM   #3

If you use an Epson, DON'T refill, you can clog your nozzles. I buy from a place local to me (at computer shows they attend).

As for the camera I carry around, an Olympus C-700.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 11:35 AM   #4

I totally agree with the philosophy of not refilling ink cartridges for any brand of printer.

My tote-around camera is a Minolta Dimage S414 4mp. Lately, I've been carrying my D100 in my car.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote