Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 4, 2004, 9:50 PM   #1

Hey, Guys. Just found this site this evening and I found the answer to another Z2 problem here--low light, poor resolution, improves with the use of "P" mode and lower ISO--so maybe some of you more experienced photographers can help me with this video emailing problem. Picked up the Z2 yesterday and am playing around to find out what it will do. BTW, I have a G3 iMac. I recorded a few videos to email. I tried sending them to myself and got the complete videos and played them just fine with Quicktime. When I emailed them to friends, however, no such luck. They didn't even get the whole thing. One friend just got the play bar that's at the bottom of the pics. I can't find any Minolta help with the software or in the manual, which is very frustrating. Any help would be most welcome.
Kaym is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2004, 12:23 PM   #2

Its all about the video codecs. Most likely your camera is taking the video clips in a flavor of MPEG 4, some kind of really compressed AVI such as ASF, Divx or xVid. If you are able to view the videos on your computer then you may have the correct codecs or Quicktime converted it.

It you friend viewing the video through the latest version of Quicktime or using WMP? You also want to make sure that the entire file was attached to the email. Some mail servers only allow for files under 2-3MB in size, generally video files can be quite large. Hope this helps

Ed Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote