Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 28, 2002, 5:16 PM   #1
Default Printing ??

Okay... so how the heck do I make my printer print so that my images look like the ones on my monitor? The color on my monitor from the pics taken with my Oly C2100 is fabulous. But when I print to my Canon BJC-3000, the colors look very green.
What am I doing wrong?
jms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2002, 5:29 PM   #2

How is your ink cartridge? If one of the ink nozzles is even slightly clogged you will have problems with color.

There are a number of places you can check to get color charts that will tell if it is the monitor that is skewed, but from what you've written, that's not a likely problem.

You can try resting the ink cartridge in a plate of hot water to soak the nozzles.

Or you can try a new ink cartridge.

Sorry, I don't have any information on that specific printer that would tell me if it is up to the task of printing photos, or if there are known problems with it.
reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2002, 5:47 AM   #3

First make sure you use good photo glossy paper, normal paper is useless.

Make sure you use the correct printer settings for that paper and photos.

Sometimes, try as I do, I just cannot get a very good match. My epson 680 usually does a good job but seems to print the greens bit weak compared to the monitor.

Some older models simply cannot deliver or were not designed for photo printing, is your printer an old model? if so you'll probably need to replace it for good results. You may be able to tweak it in the control panel but it's a black art to get it right. If you have such an option (most do today) turn the green down or the others up - experiment.

I have two printers, an epson 600 for normal stuff and a 680 exclusively for photos. I avoid 6 colour printers as they are very expensive to run but they can give better results.

Good luck.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2002, 7:40 AM   #4

Thanks, Reader and Steve6. I messed around with it last night and finally got it right. It was a combination of what the both of you said. It appeared to be printing fine with other graphics, but photos had a greenish tint. I changed out the cartridge (this is a Canon with individual ink tanks) and used some of the Canon 'high resolution' paper and it looked great.
Also made some changes in the settings with the printer driver.
Thanks for your help!
jms is offline   Reply With Quote