Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 7, 2004, 11:52 AM   #1

For the past 5 years, I have been using my Dad's camera that he bought about 30 years ago from Sears to take pictures. I recently put the Kodak High Definition film in it and the pictures didn't come out at all. It was like there was nothing on the film. I tried it twice and both times, nothing came out on the film.

So I'm wondering if the High Definition film is not "compatable" with his old camera? Does that make any sense for film to not be compatable?

Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2004, 12:29 PM   #2

A little off topic for this site, but...

I'd look at the camera first before the film...without film in the camera and the back open hold the camera up to the light; use the winder to set the shutter and take a picture...see if you see light through the shutter; depending on shutter speed you might have to try it a few times to see the light.

If you see no light it could be that the shutter is stuck. If you do see light, maybe the film speed is not compatible with your camera...did you adjust the film speed setting on the camera, or is it only one setting? It could be a number of problems, maybe the film never advanced.

The best thing is to take the camera to a "better" photography store and ask them...they can test the camera in person. It's better to see the camera to know the problem.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote