Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 12, 2004, 1:08 PM   #1

my name is sajith abdulla.from india but presently working n the middle east.i wish to buy a digital camera.my choices have come down to canon powershot S1 IS and nikon coolpix 5400.i tried both these at the show rooms here and liked the coolpix better than canon.moreover for less features canons S1IS more expensive than nikon coolpix 5400(a difference or nealy $us 40).but when went thru' the reviews n the net people vote for S1 more than 5400.budget is ok for me in both cases but i want a good camera.i take family pics inside house,then when we go out take scenaries like that.thats why i liked coolpix cos of its different pics mode.but i also like to get good scenic pics with zoom.so will the cp5400s zoom will be low for me.resolution is ok for me in both cases.so i would like you to give me a genuine advice in this case.also you can add any other cameras you feel better for me.i prefer canon and nikon since they are the 'masters of this game'.i dont want SLRs.waiting eagerly for your reply.....
thanking you..........sajith abdulla

ps:my email is sajithabdulla@yahoo.co.uk
sajith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links