Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 14, 2004, 3:32 PM   #1

A few last questions before I finalise my decision to buy the DSC-W1...

Does the W1 allow manual aperture setting? If so, what are the numerical limits?

Does it allow manual shutter speed setting? Again, what are the numerical limits?

Does it allow light metering? If so, what type (spot metering, centre weighted metering, multi zone metering or anything else)

Has anyone used the features? What do you think of them? What kind of results did you get? The reason I ask, is that I have decided that buying a digital camera will allow me to take up photography. The original reason was justto get agood camera to take some good quality photos with. But now I've decided that I would like to go a little further.I am a beginner as far as photography is concerned so I don't need the best camera out there, but nor do i want a limited one which I'll will out grow too soon. Hopefully the W1 offers features I can grow into. In a few years when I am better, I can think of getting upgrades - but right know I am looking at cameras in the W1 range.

I'm going to follow the lessons on http://www.morguefile.com/ver3/classroom.php.

What are the differences between the W1 and W12 - the Sony site says the W12 is slightly updated.

Thank you.
incognito167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links