Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 16, 2004, 2:33 PM   #1

I have tried contacting several of the East Coast camera companies to order a Nikon flash. They are all closed in the middle of the day. Also, some ads on ebay say they are closed this week for a holiday. This leads me to believe that all these "seperate" companies such as Broadway Photo, Digital Liquadators, etc... are all the same? Anyone aware of this or know anything about it? I want to save some money, but I want to order from a reputable company as well.
Ghostinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2004, 4:23 PM   #2

Any company with a Brooklyn street address should be avoided.

Also, it's Rosh Hashana and numerous other Jewish holidays currently and in coming weeks/months, so most of the infamous New York places (B&H, Adorama, etc) have irregular opening hours.

Nikon flash: if you find the SB800 for less than $320, it's not legit. SB600 currently sells for $199 at jr.com (extremely big NY company, no worries there), but most places would have it at $220-ish. Any places selling for less should send off alarm bells. Sorry, you can't have your cake and eat it too (but on the other hand, the market prices being fairly firm should lead to good resale values down the road).
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2004, 4:44 PM   #3

While I like both B&H and Adorama, J&R Music World, is a good place to shop for equipment...

Plus of course they're open today...
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote