Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 30, 2004, 6:51 AM   #1

Does anyone know of a program that can take digital images from a wedding shot by two photographers using two different cameras and rename/renumber them in the order in which they were shot? I was asking around about this, and someone said that they heard of a renaming program that would order the pictures by the date and time stamp. Has anyone else heard of this? I am unable to find any more info.

Jes&Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2004, 9:57 AM   #2

Paint Shop Photo Album 5 from Jasc has this cabability. You can sort the thumbnails the way you want them and then do a batch rename. You specify the first part of the name and a numbering sequence.

Jasc is the company that produces Paint Shop Pro, version 9 just released. www.jasc.com
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2004, 2:54 PM   #3

I agree with Cal.

Stick all of your pics in one folder. View them in PSPA5 and sort them by Date/Time. Then do a batch rename. Should work. Of course this is assuming both photographers had the correct date/time setup on their cameras.

RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2004, 11:00 PM   #4

Downloader pro will change names and number files a number of ways, including by camera serial #

somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2004, 9:43 PM   #5

Check out this freeware

I've used it for a couple years, be sure to hit F2 after you start up to go to "expert mode". This is an incredible no-nonsense bit of software.

Put the files you want to rename in one folder, sort by date (in Rename window) set your options. It will show you what the new names will be. When you're satisfied hit "start"

Amateur is offline   Reply With Quote