Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 1, 2004, 4:18 PM   #1

On EBAY, Cameta store has some terrific deals on a Dimage Z3, and other cameras.

And they get spectacular customer ranking, over 98%. So I'm thinking of buying my camera from them.

Had anyone had experience, good or bad, with Cameta.

Or do you have an ebay store to recommend?

allancb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2004, 5:35 PM   #2

Always check http://www.resellerratings.com
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2004, 6:11 PM   #3

As Mikefellh suggested, always use http://www.resellerratings.com to check out any vendor (and take time to read the customer reviews).Although unusual for Ebay vendors, Cameta is well known and listed in resellerratings.com. One of the problems you sometimes see with Ebay feedback, is that customers are afraid to leave a negative rating (for fear that the vendor will do the same thing to them).

Now, make sure to take shipping charges and return policies into consideration when shopping, along with the quality of the items you sometimes see packaged with cameras. Sometimes, you have more flexibilty buying the "extras" you really want/need by selecting them yourself (versus buying them as a bundled kit).

Personally, I rarely buy from Ebay vendors. I use the price search engines like the one available here:

Again, make sure to check a vendors reputation carefully using resellerratings.com, as Mikefellh recommended.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote