Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 17, 2002, 11:25 AM   #1
Default Hp 315 digit photosmart camera problem?

I took some pictures and uploaded the pictures to my computer. I looked at them but I saw the table, wall and e.c.t are rough on the pictures. Is my camera broke? or what happen? I attached the picture fpr you to see it. Can anybody help me?
Thanks, Bob
surfbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2002, 11:34 AM   #2
Default I don't think so...

Hi Bob,
I don't think there is anything wrong with your camera.

It looks as though you resized the original image. When an image is resized, sometimes - depending on the size ratio of the new image to the old image, "stair stepping" or the "jagged" edge look on diagnonal lines becomes highly noticeable. This is because when an image is resized, pixels are actually ramoved. It takes a certain pixel density to give the illusion of a clean, straight line on anything other than 90 degrees, 180 degrees or a perfect 45 degrees. This is because we are trying to create a smooth line out of square pixels. The smaller the pixels (greater pixel density) the less this tends to be noticed. When we make the image considerably smaller by removing pixels, there are fewer pixels per linear measurement of viewing surface and the stair-step appearance is made much worse. If you look at your original image from the camera - assuming it was taken at maximum resolution - it should be fine. When printing, always print from the original size or prints will also look like this...

Best regards,

Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote