Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 19, 2004, 7:43 PM   #11

Hi Vito - I have donated several prints, both framed and unframed, to charity silent art auctions in the past year (which is a the tax deduction, get a value of contribution letter from the nonprofit). Barring the combination of drinking & bidding, my prints sell for $75 matted and up to $275 framed at these events (average of around $150). I charge $30 for a 8X10 and $40 for a 11 X14 for a signed, numbered, limited print when I sell on my own. I've been getting it - you can see my website for the type of photos I offer - I have about 15 photos that sell pretty well. Don't underprice your work. Now that said, I sold my first 8X10 print for $10 and was unbelievably flattered that someone wanted to buy it. But when I started to think about the money I have in equipment (depreciation), cost of the print (paper & ink), my time in editing and what my creativity is worth for being an above average photographer, I finally figured out I wasn't asking near enough. But, go to the event and see what happens - and have fun.

fporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 7:55 PM   #12

thanks for sharing

i appreciate all your comments!

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote