Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 18, 2002, 7:05 PM   #1
Default How large a print can I have done?

I have an Olympus C-3000 Zoom camera. It is a 3.3 megapixel camera. Whta is the largest size print I can expect to have done by a photofinisher withh good resoultion in the print? I don't want to see all the dots.
lrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2002, 7:34 PM   #2

thats a matter of personal taste and check book. it should be able to produce a good quality 8x10 or even higher if that person knows how to manipulate images and use of certain imaging programs. its down to time and money.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2002, 10:30 PM   #3
Default Big prints

If you want to make real big prints from your C-3000 use a program like The Panorama Factory and use a tripod, rotate camera 90 degrees and take a shot turn camera, take another. Use stitching program and make about a 6 mega pixel picture. This way you get a relatively rectangle type picture instead of a panaroma, because you now have the 2048 as the height of the picture instead of the width and the doubled 1536 as the width. Only can do this on stationary objects like landscapes but it works great. Other wise you can try resizing to larger resolution and get some printed to see how far your C-3000 will let you go. i wouldnt go below about 180 PPI.
dc9mm is offline   Reply With Quote