Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 7, 2004, 9:54 AM   #1

what is a good software program to insert the date in my digital pics after i upload them to my pc?

i tried Exifer but didn't like it. the date didn't always print out completey (part of a number would be missing) and sometimes it read the date from my image's data and sometimes it didn't.

ragin_cajuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2004, 8:22 AM   #2

This sounds like problem with your photos, or with the way your are using EXIFER.

Are you changing the default fonts? Have your photos been modified before using EXIFER (the EXIF is sometimes removed by editors)?

As for not printing it out completely, this could be that you didn't crop your photos before stamping them with the date and time. If you are shooting with a Digital Camera using a 4:3 Aspect Ratio (ratio of width to height), then your photos will need to be cropped for some print sizes. For example, a 6x4" print has an aspect ratio of 3:2.

Many popular image editors are capable of cropping your photos via a crop box for the print size needed.

You may want to check out QImage Pro. It has the ability to use data from the EXIF for printing purposes:

JimC is online now   Reply With Quote