Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 19, 2002, 7:15 PM   #1
Default Can someone recommend a good photo printer bet $200-250

I am looking for one with good quality prints, easy operation, plenty of memory slots for direct prints.

dorae006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2002, 11:24 PM   #2
Default printer

Only one i can think of that can print without computer that has card slots in that price range is an Epson 785EPX. I beleive Steve reviewed that printer. Canon also sells one but its above $250. There was a recent price drop on the 785EPX you should be able to get it localy at a Circuit City or CompUSA for about $160 US funds. I have a 780 which takes the same ink cartridges and i found this guy on Ebay selling color cartridges for 6.95 and black for 5.95 and the ink matched original Epson ink perfectly. I also got a hundred sheets of Photo Glossy paper 8.5 by 11 inch from another guy in Canada for 31 cents a sheet in packs of 100, original Epson glossy photo paper, also on ebay. So with those prices you can print pretty cheaply.
dc9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2002, 7:17 AM   #3

You could purchase the HP 7000 series. The low end starts at $179 and runs through $249. Office depot has the high end at $200. IN addition, they will give you a 10% discount for any old inkjet printer you bring in. It support printing directly from the memory card and is a six color printer. It would be worth a trip to Office depot to check it out.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote