Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 19, 2004, 5:21 PM   #1

In the sample pictures section, I tried to compare the pics for the Canon EOS-1Ds Mk 1, Canon 20D and EOS-1D Mk2 but I noticed that the size of the image was different for each one (The EOS-1Ds was biggest, the 20D the next largest and the EOS-1D MK2 was the smallest.) I appreciate that if an image is taken with a larger amount of pixels, the native size will be bigger but how do I compare like-for-like? It did seem, however that there was a different focal length used for the 20D and EOS-1D Mk11.

I find that the picture of the building is the easiest to compare photographs, since the numbers on the dumpster are a very good index of resolution, the insulators on the power poles and the general clarity of the "Nicholson Street" signpost all make comparing like-for-like easier.
Any Do you try and standardize things as much as possible for this particular shot? Maybe it would be an idea to position the camera, closer or further away to give an image size exactly the same for all cameras - and then have another shot that is taken at a standard distance, with a "50mm equivalent" lens setting?

Best wishes,

irivlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links