Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 27, 2004, 10:04 PM   #1

I just bought a Canon sd300. I love the form factor and the movie mode, but the pictures are often blurry. Especially indoor shots. My old Coolpix 990 has less pixels of resolution, but seems to take better pictures indoors. I'm ok with the sd300 being a "snapshot" camera, but it seems every third or so picture is slightly fuzzy.

Are there any tips for taking better indoor pictures with a small camera like the sd300?

photobub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2004, 5:58 PM   #2

It's possible that you may need to use the flash on your small sd300 while indoors in low light conditions. Maybe you do already. But I guess that the sd300 type cameras are kind of tiny, while the nikon 9xx series are easier to hold and keep steady. Maybe you can try to keep very steady using the sd300 and see if things improve. So point the camera at the subject, keep real still, press the shutter button half way to get the autofocus to work, and finally press the shutter button all the way down to take the picture. Otherwise, to prove that the problem is due to camera shaking in the hands. Try many shots using a tripod in the self-timer mode. Or try faster shutter speed..but faster shutter speed in low light can mean your pictures will come out darker.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote